This year Viori will spend over $150,000 USD towards its social mission!!
A big part of our success, if not all, is measured by how well we are able to serve the people that inspired starting our company: the Red Yao community. We are a business, but a business with a mission:
"To create highly effective, all natural cosmetics while preserving the values and traditions of the Red Yao Women for future generations"
This is why we are incredibly proud to be able to deploy such a substantial amount and put this into projects that help the Red Yao community thrive. Our customers have put deep trust and support into us, and we are dedicated to be fully transparent as to how our social mission is carried out.
The funds going to our Social Mission consist of 2 main categories:
1. Beautiful Reason Initiatives: These are funds which are put directly into local projects that are aligned with the values and goals of the Red Yao and Viori itself. Read more about Beautiful Reason Projects values here.
2. Social Responsibility Team: In order to safely, responsibly and sustainably carry out our local BRI projects, we have a local team on the ground that engages in tasks such as: admin, project management, relationship management, community mentors, and more. Important to note is that the scope of their jobs are fully dedicated to Viori's social mission.
1. Beautiful Reason Initiatives:
- All-natural Rice Initiative:$ 38,438 USD
- Embroidery Initiative:$ 22,500 USD
- Co-op support: $ 7,406 USD
- Local Tea business: $ 1,875 USD
- Total: $ 70,219 USD
2. Social Responsibility Team:
- CSR salaries: $ 65,625 USD
- Social Security & Health Insurance: $ 6,848 USD
- Longsheng visits: $ 9,375 USD
- Admin:$ 1,500 USD
- Contingency: $ 2,813 USD
- Total: $ 86,161 USD
Adding this all up puts our 2022 Social Mission budge at: $ 156,380
To stay up to date on specific BRI's be sure to check out each BRI project's individual blog post where you can find a detailed breakdown of costs, project updates, pictures, discussions and more. On behalf of Viori and the local communities in Longsheng: THANK YOU!!